Waco Kwikform is part of Waco International, a successful global commercial and industrial services business focusing on the hire, sale and manufacture of formwork, shoring, scaffolding equipment and associated labour services. In Australia and New Zealand, Waco Kwikform is recognised as a leading supplier of scaffolding and falsework to both construction and industry, supplying some of the largest commercial and residential construction, mining and petrochemical, civil engineering and entertainment projects.
Waco Kwikform's industrial division - Kwikform Industrial Services - is sourcing a Scaffold Supervisor for permanent working in Nhulunbuy. The Scaffold Supervisor will manage Kwikform Industrial Services contract to Rio Tinto Gove Operations, and be the point of contact for all scaffold work required by the client. Minimum working hours are 9 hours, Monday to Friday, with additional hours being worked during shutdowns, outages, breakdowns and call-ins.
Core duties will include the below:
- Providing leadership and direction to the scaffold team (6 team members)
- Updating Scafpac
- Scoping work for the client
- Attend planning meets with the client
- Ensure compliance with the applicable Acts, KIS procedures and Rio Tinto site procedures
- Provide weekly activity and performance reports to the business
- Monitoring and encouraging performance of the scaffold teams
- Liaising with KIS shutdown and project teams
- Presenting and running pre-starts and toolbox meetings
- Ensuring behavioral expectations are followed at all times, including out of work activities (within reason)
To be considered for employment with Kwikform Industrial Services you will need to demonstrate the below attributes:
Leadership – we need someone that is a natural leader and can quickly obtain the respect of the crew and lead them in a confident manner
Client relations – someone who can get confidence from Rio Tinto and communicate with them effectively in an ongoing basis
Initiative – someone we can empower to make decisions on site to provide a seamless, flowing service to Rio
Longevity – Someone who is going to stay
Ethics – Someone who is going to do the right things always by KIS, Rio and our employees
Intelligence – someone who can see the bigger picture and assist us by gathering intelligence, and providing guidance from site perspectives
Opportunity – someone that can identify additional opportunities on site and relay them back to us
The below qualifications and experience is essential to the success of the position:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Scaffold Supervisor;
- Minimum 10 years additional experience as an Advanced Scaffolder;
- Minimum 10 years in an industrial maintenance environment;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Minimum SA High Risk Work Licence;
- Nationally Accredited Working at Heights Training (completed within 2 years);
- Nationally Accredited Confined Space Entry Training (completed within 2 years);
- A high regard and excellent attitude to safety with demonstrated experience in the completion of and contribution to JSA's and Risk Assessments;
- The ability to behave in a highly professional manner with clients, contractors, management and work colleagues;
- Able to attend and pass a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol screen (including on-site testing)
As this is a remote location, there is a Relocation Package provided by our Client, including suitable housing, water and electricity. In addition, a fully maintained work vehicle is provided. The position is offered on an hourly base rate + overtime due to the consistent overtime hours being worked.
Should you require any additional information, please contact Justine on (08) 6279 3965 or email email@example.com.
You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for a position with Kwikform Industrial Services.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org